Thursday 6 March 2008

Displacement therapy...

I'm supposed to be tidying, cleaning and generally rationalising my craft area (not to mention the rest of the house), so in order to put that off for a little longer, I thought I'd do this instead.

I've only ben scrapping for just over a year, having taken thousands of photographs on a trip to visit my brother in Cairo, I wanted to display them in a slightly more interesting way than my usual albums. I've always been into crafting, and as photography is my passion, it's the ideal hobby for me.

This is my favourite layout so far, it's an A-Z of me. Most stuff I do is about my family, so I happily spent a week making 26 little tiles - each a mini layout in it's on right. Under the title block is a mini-book with a very brief life story of me as well. I didn't feel the need to mention that I love purple - kind of figured it was self evident! The paper is mostly DCWV's Old World, together with acetate, leather scraps, ribbons and other shiny things I had in my box.

My words were (not all clear or big enough in the pic): Allotment, Biker, Cup of Tea, Daydreamer/Depression, Egocentric, Flibbertigibbet, Glasses, Happiest Horizontal, Imaginative/Impulsive, Jay's favourite person, Knit, Lazy, oscar's Mummy, New rock boots, Optimistic, Photographer, Quarrelsome, Reading, Surreal, Tall, Unique (with thumbprint!), Voluptuous, Warm, eXcitable, Yak yak yak yak yak, snooZe.

This layout was the result of a very silly rainy afternoon - just mucking about with the camera on the sofa. Well, people don't always want to smile when you shove a camera up their nose, do they? Half the fun of scrapping is experimenting with the slightly less pretty photographs...

1 comment:

Carmen said...

As a fellow purple passion peep I can only say - you can never have enough ;)

I love your work and can't believe you've only been doing it a year (me too!) I'm so, so, so SO jealous! And a tad green now...

Carmen x