Friday 7 March 2008

Gladys Friday

Didn't get any scrapping done today - busy with college, helping old ladies with the supermarket shopping and taking the sprog to the soft play place. Still, it's the Ponty crop tomorrow, so I can have a whole day to myself, rearranging small pieces of paper ;-) I'm only doing the mini-book class, as I've had quite a good idea for the challenge (an easter or St David's Day layout using yellow and green), which will take a while to make all the elements and slap it all together so it looks nice!

I won the challenge last month with "Oscar on the subject of Hearts", so no pressure there then. I used Black Tie paper from Basic Grey, the title was hand cut and glitter embossed, and the journalling was reverse-embossed on acetate. The red chiffon ribbon heart is attached with red gem brads, and there's little red glass mosaic tiles dotted around, I also used these to make a strip with the date on. It's inspired by a conversation we were all having in bed one morning - my 4 year old son was listening to our heartbeats and said: "I've got a little heart; Mummy's got a big strong heart; and Jay-Jay, you've got an old heart!" The layout had to be black, white & red, feature a heart and use two photographs. I hope tomorrow's effort turns out as well...

1 comment:

Gemma said...

The hand cut title is awesome. I love the twisted ribbon. Its such a cute page.